What are the Steps to Apply for PAIS Membership?
Schools seeking PAIS accreditation must first become a provisional member of the Association.
The steps for a school to become a PAIS member are as follows:
- Confirm that your school meets the criteria for PAIS membership.
- Contact the PAIS Executive Director, Linda L. Phelps, at 610-567-2960 or Lphelps@PAISPA.org to discuss PAIS membership.
- Review the information and complete the Membership Application.
- Submit the following to the PAIS office:
- The completed PAIS Membership Application
- The School's admissions packet
- For schools currently accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, a copy of the report from your school's most recent accreditation visit
Application for PAIS Membership (pdf download)
After your application is received
Upon receipt and review of your school's application materials, PAIS will contact you to arrange a required school visit by a small committee, to include the Executive Director and one or two other persons, to tour the school, meet with key school leadership, including the Head of School and the Chair of the Board. The responsible PAIS representative will submit a report to the PAIS Board of Directors at its next scheduled meeting following the visit. The Board will review all information and will notify you of the status of your application.
If your school is approved for PAIS membership
If Regular, Provisional or Candidate Membership is granted, your school will be billed the prorated amount required for dues to the Association.
Annual dues are based on the School's enrollment for the academic year. Schools seeking PAIS accreditation and accepted into Candidate Membership will pay an additional $750 accreditation application fee.
Upon payment of the dues, your school will be eligible for all member benefits and services.