The Right School
How do you find the right school for your child?
Search for a school that is a good “fit” for your child.
- Read informative materials such as school literature and independent school guidebooks.
- Browse individual school websites.
- Visit a range of schools.
- Talk with admissions representatives, faculty, and students.
- Take a school tour.
- Accompany your child to a school sporting event, school play, or science fair to experience co-curricular options.
- Are there high-quality and committed teachers?
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio?
- Do students feel challenged by their school?
- Are there strong partnerships among parents, teachers, and students?
- What is the tuition?
- What student financial aid is available?
- How does the school measure quality and meet high standards?
See the Directory of Schools for key information such as location, grade levels, size, and accrediting body.