PAIS Professional Development Advisory Committee Purpose and Goals
The purpose of the Professional Development Advisory Committee is to support and enhance professional development services and programs of PAIS. The committee provides a forum to discuss the challenges of delivering timely, relevant programs, heightens awareness and promotes the importance of professional development, identifies excellent programs and speakers, and seeks engaging ways to support and connect educators. The Committee recognizes and acknowledges both the commonality and the cultural differences among our member schools.
1. Provide a forum to discuss, address and meet the challenges of delivering timely and relevant professional development programs for PAIS member schools.
2. Communicate with member schools to determine needs and interests.
3. Heighten awareness and promote the importance of professional development among school leadership and faculty.
4. Promote upcoming programming and encourage attendance from member schools.
5. Ensure that enotice announcements and registration information reach the intended audience.
6. Encourage defined standards for professional development in each member schools.
7. Identify appropriate and relevant programs and speakers.
8. Seek new ways to help educators become better 21st century leaders in their craft.